The hospitality industry has been particularly badly hit by the impact of the global pandemic, with international visitor arrivals estimated to have dropped by 60–80% in 2020.1 Given the scale of this crisis, can we afford to still think about sustainability?
When the United Nations launched the Sustainable Development Goals in 2015, they brought to focus the urgency for action, and this is no less critical today.
Join leading brands from the hospitality industry and sustainability experts in a discussion on why sustainability is more important than ever for the future of the industry, and how we can continue to build on the momentum we’ve seen over recent years.
What you will learn:
- Why we should be operating sustainably
- Approaches for a responsible recovery
- Latest trends in sustainability
- Practical advice and examples on sustainable operations from leading hotel brands
Featuring insights from the following speakers:
- Steve Farrant, Independent Sustainability Consultant, Member of Board of Trustees, Sustainable Hospitality Alliance (Moderator)
- Virginia Fernandez-Trapa, Programme Officer, UNWTO
- Thomas Loughlin, Sustainable Supply Lead, Booking.com
- Eric Ricaurte, Founder, Greenview
- Inge Huijbrechts, Global Senior Vice President Responsible Business and Safety & Security, Radisson
- Madhu Rajesh, CEO, Sustainable Hospitality Alliance