About Know How Guide: Human Rights and the Hotel Industry
This resource offers an introduction to human rights within the context of the hospitality industry and guidance for hotel companies on where to begin to ensure they are protecting the human rights of their employees.
The Know How Guide: Human Rights and the Hotel Industry provide guidance on
- what human rights are
- key human rights risks in hotels
- steps to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
These steps include:
- Developing a human rights policy
- Human rights due diligence
- Correcting and compensating any unforeseen or unavoidable adverse human rights impacts
It also offers links to key resources and sources of information for hotel companies, examples of best practice from our members, as well as key organisations.
Who is it for?
This guidance has been designed to support Corporate Responsibility Managers in hotel companies to take the first steps to embed human rights into their corporate governance. It may also be useful for individual hotel properties.
How was it created?
This guidance was created by Sustainable Hospitality Alliance, in collaboration with our member companies and Carnstone Partners LLP.