The People and Planet Committees bring together leading practitioners from member companies to co-create a more sustainable future for the industry and all those affected by it. Each Committee has one representative from each member company with the responsibility for driving the social or environmental work within their companies.
The role of the People and Planet Committees include:
- Supporting development and delivery of the Alliance’s plans, in line with its charitable remit and as directed by the Senior Advisory Council.
- Ensuring effective engagement within member companies, unlocking commitments and resources as needed.
- Providing subject matter expertise and sharing best practices.
- Workshopping solutions and applying learnings within their companies.
- Making learnings and resources available to the wider industry.
- Providing data to help measure, evaluate and refine the effectiveness of collective work.
The Committees form project-focused or thematic working groups (such as human rights, equality, diversity and inclusion, or youth focused) as required to support the Alliance’s agenda and priorities as determined by the Board of Trustees.
- People Committee chair: Avtar Gill, Chief Host Engagement Officer, Soneva
- Planet Committee chair: Denise Naguib, Vice President, Sustainability and Supplier Diversity, Marriott International